Saturday, June 21, 2014

June Trinity 2009, Raying Outward

June Trinity
The Ascension, Dali
John 17: 6-11
Father, I have revealed your name and your being to all human beings whom you have led through destiny to me. They were yours; they lived out of the powers that worked in folk and family, and now you have given them to me, and into my working that lives in the Self, and they have kept your word in their inmost being. Thus they have recognized how all the spiritual power that you have given me truly proceeds from you; for all the creative spiritual power that you have given me, I have brought to them.
They have taken it up into themselves and have recognized that in truth I come from you, and they have gained insight, and trust that I have been sent by you. I pray to you for them as individual human beings; they who are to live out of the power of the self, as individuals, I pray to you for them; not for mankind in general, but for the human beings which you have given me. For they belong to you, just as everything which is mine is yours, and what is yours is mine, and the light of my being can shine in them [I am revealed in them]. I no longer live in the outer world, but they live in this world.
My whole being is devoted to you. And I am coming to you.  Holy Father, you who give healing to the world, keep in your name and in your being all whom you have given to me, so that they may be one even as we also are one. 

1st June Trinity
June 7, 2009
John 17: 6 – 11

Some flowers form a single blossom, like the tea rose. Others bloom in clusters, like sunflowers. Although each blossom is beautiful by itself, the whole cluster forms a larger entity. Each blossom in the cluster contributes to a greater whole, a greater beauty, and a greater truth.

This truth is that as beautiful as each of our souls may be, we are come together in order to form a greater whole. And this greater whole is the place where Christ can work differently than He does in single individuals. Single hearts are to become a vessel, a grail chalice, into which is poured the wine of His love. The community is to become the greater vessel through which the wine of His love is poured out into the world. Together we can form a greater, more creative, more potent force in the world. For Christ said:

“…all the creative spirit power that you [Father] have given me, I have brought to them. They have taken it up into themselves…I pray to You for them….They live in the world. Holy Father, You who give healing to the world, keep in Your name and Your being all whom You have give to me, so that they may be one, even as we also are one.” John 17: 8-12

We come together in worship, dedicating our individual selves to receiving the Spirit of the Father and Son. We dedicate, consecrate ourselves as a whole to pouring out their Spirit into the world.  The Spirit that they pour into our hearts is the creative spirit of love, of healing compassion, of service toward all on earth. The love we have received is the love we will pour out into the world. [1]






[1] The illustration is the seed head of a sunflower. Note how the greater pattern, formed by the arrangement of individual seeds in the middle, rays outward.

No comments:

Post a Comment