Friday, June 20, 2014

June Trinity 2012, Mighty Doorways

June Trinity
John 17: 6-11

I have made manifest your name to those human beings who have come out of the world to me through you. Yours they were, and you have given them to me, and they have kept your word in their inmost being. Thus they have recognized that everything which you have given me is from you; for all the power of the word which you have given me I have brought to them. They have taken it into themselves and have recognized in deepest truth that I come from you, and they have come to believe that I have been sent by you . I pray to you for them as individual human beings, not for mankind in general. Only for the human beings which you have given me, because they belong to you. Everything that is mine is yours and what is yours is mine, and the light of my being can shine in them. I am now no longer in the world of the senses. And I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep, through the power of your being, those who came to me through you, so that they may become one, even as we also are one.

1st June Trinity
June 3, 2012
John 17: 6-11

Wulfing
We each of us have a guardian angel. This angelic being has been with us from the very first chapter of the story of our lives.  It never for a second leaves us. It knows how our chapters want to turn out. And with the tenderest love and encouragement, it stands by, hoping to be called upon to collaborate in the authorship of our lives. It waits to carry the offered substance of our prayers up to God.

God and His angels have also offered us one most precious gift. Out of their love, they give us the gift of our freedom. We can choose, or not, to ask for their guidance and help. The mystics say that one of the saddest sights in the spiritual world are the angels whose charges have left them unemployed.

Communities also have an angel. It watches over and guides the workings of the members of the group. The angels of the individuals collaborate with it, as it gathers the noble thoughts, the warmth of love, and the devoted wills of the individuals joined together in prayer. The prayers of the members form a fragrant bouquet. It is the fragrance itself, offered to God through the angels that nourishes and strengthens them in their work of love. Bread and wine, offered to be the body and blood of Christ, are food for our angels.

Perhaps before going to sleep at night, we might think to our angel:

Through my earth-days, watchful angel,
Thankfully I feel your presence
Knower of my destiny.
When I listen, you are helping.
When I move, your strength is with me:
Birth and death alike you show
Mighty doorways for my spirit—
Never lost, never forgotten
Held before your holy vision
Faithful, patient, hopeful angel.[1]






[1] Angel, by Adam Bittleston, in A Window into Worlds

No comments:

Post a Comment